Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

All Work and No Play

This morning we headed off to the small market town of Horncastle, we had to run a few little errands so we decided to make the most of it.

I took a mooch around my favourite charity shops and struck gold.   I found a huge (and very heavy) mountain of old Lincolnshire Life magazines, dating from the mid-sixties.    By the time I got back to the car my arms had stretched by almost three inches under the weight of them.


I've only had time to flick through one or two of them, but already I have found lots of interesting articles.

One of them has this centre-fold.  It is so familiar to me, it is our nearest little market town to Little Bunting.   Anyone who knows the town will recognise it almost immediately, it has scarcely changed at all.   The traffic is heavier, the cobbles have gone and the road which the car is turning out of is now one-way, in the opposite direction, but that's about all.

We had a leisurely lunch and spent time in the gardens.  It has been so relaxing.


As I wandered around the gardens I was stalked by the cats.


The Bramley apple trees are in full blossom, promising a heavy crop.


The lawns have been neatly mowed but the gardens could do with a weed, so I picked a few to take advantage of their beauty.

I'll be back to work on Cowslip Cottage tomorrow - and very happy to be working there - but just for today it has been fun relaxing.
Mum
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.